The 2021 American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) 41st Annual Conference will take place virtually from June 8-12, 2021. The meeting is a gathering of approximately 500+ holistic nursing professionals from across the country, with growing international attendance from Canada, Japan, China, and Jamaica. This annual event is one of the largest and most valuable conferences dedicated to bringing together nurses who share a passion for holistic healing.
The conference will explore ways holistic nurses can integrate the rich traditions of healing into their health care practice. Through sharing of traditional practices grounded in the Core Values that reflect the Philosophies, Research, Ethics, Leadership, Holistic Communication, Therapeutic Relationships, Healing Environments, Cultural Humility, as well as Self-Reflection, Self-Development and Self-Care, participants will explore innovative ways to weave the traditions of various healing cultures into their nursing practice with a focus on creating new solutions and integrating life balance.
Education at AHNA 2021
In conjunction with AHNA’s core values, attendees at the meeting can expect to:
- Explore theories and ethics that ground holistic nursing and healing practices and expand clinical nursing practice, professional performance, and role development within the traditions of holistic nursing.
- Examine ways to become more aware of oneself and reflect on the values, beliefs, and perceptions embedded in our culture which can influence holistic practice.
- Discuss ways to empower the client as a whole person; developing a holistic caring therapeutic relationship.
- Reflecting on our historical background, create dialogue that addresses Holistic Communication, Therapeutic Relationship, Healing Environment, and Cultural Humility.
- Explore theories and research that ground holistic nursing practice, professional performance, and role development rooted in traditions.
To receive continuing nursing education (CNE) credit, participants must register and fully attend all presentations, complete online evaluations, and retrieve your certificate electronically. Participants’ can earn up to 76.5 contact hours by registering and fully watching all presentations and completing all evaluations:
- Endorsed Pre-Conference, Tuesday, June 8: 7 CNE
- Pre-Conference, Wednesday, June 9: 7 CNE
- Full Virtual Conference: 62.5 CNE
- Must have watched all presentations and completed all evaluations by Thursday, July 15, 2021.
- 13 CNE Virtual Track Attendees can earn up to 13 contact hours
The pre-conference CNE opportunities will take place on June 8 and 9 from 9:00 AM until 5:45 PM. During these two days, attendees can choose to participate in either half-day program workshops or a full-day program workshop for CNE credit. Each half-day session is worth 3.5 CNE, and the full-day session is worth 6 CNE.
Full Virtual Conference
The Virtual Exhibit Hall will open to all attendees beginning on the first full day of the conference, June 10. Additional events that will take place on June 10 include:
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Early Morning Activity (1 CNE)
- 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Opening Ceremony
- 11:00 AM – Noon:Keynote Address: Barbara Dossey, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN, HWNC-BC (1 CNE)
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Drumming in Diversity- Connect Globally
On Friday, June 11, attendees are able to view the posters submitted by AHNA colleagues. The posters are available for viewing starting at 9:00 AM and are worth 3 CNE credits. Some more events happening on June 11 include:
- 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM: Workshop Block C (1.5 CNE)
- 11:45 AM – 12:45 PM: Plenary Speaker (1 CNE)
- 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM: Workshop Block D (1.5 CNE)
- 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM: Workshop Block E (1 CNE)
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Hospitality Hour Virtual Networking with AHNA Board of Directors
On the final day of the conference, attendees have the opportunity to view posters (3 CNE) and attend a luncheon networking opportunity. There will also be additional workshops scattered throughout the day for CNE credit. Starting at 2:15 PM, attendees can view the closing ceremony and awards presentations.
- 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM: Annual Membership Meeting
- 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM: AHNA Virtual Awards Ceremony
- 4:45 PM – 6:45 PM: Endnote Presentation (2 CNE) with Patch Adams, MD
- 6:45 PM – 7:00 PM: Closing Ceremony
Live Zoom events during the meeting are events only held during these times. The additional speaker sessions will be available for viewing on-demand until June 15. The Live events are:
Thursday, June 10
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Early Morning Activity: T’ai Chi
- 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM: Virtual Exhibit Hall
- 12- 1:00 PM: Exhibit Hall Luncheon Networking
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Drumming
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM:Virtual Evening Networking
Friday, June 11
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Early Morning Activity: Gentle Yoga
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM:Virtual Networking Lunch Break
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM:Hospitality Hour Virtual Networking with AHNA Board of Directors
Saturday, June 12
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM:Early Morning Activity: Qigong
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM:Luncheon Networking Opportunity
- 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM:Annual Membership Meeting
The last day to register for the AHNA 2021 conference will be June 10. Pricing is available for both members and non-members.
Virtual Conference is non-refundable for no-shows and the deadline to invoke the “Alternative Options” is Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12 PM EST by sending an email to email@example.com with the written request. Registration cancellations had to have been received in writing by Saturday, May 15, 2021 to receive a full conference refund.
Alternative options are as follows:
- Transfer your registration to another person for a $50 processing fee.
- Receive credit for the following conference year. You will be charged a $50 processing fee and will receive a letter of credit worth 50% of what you paid for general registration in 2021, which can be used towards the 2022 conference.
The full conference breakdown is available in the Conference Guidebook. Participants can find detailed information about each session, the exhibitors, and sponsors in the guidebook.
The organization has provided instructions for mobile app downloading and use. The app connects users to their social media page, so posting conference updates to social media handles is a breeze.